We, the undersigned, are committed to honouring the Armed Forces Covenant while supporting the community of the Armed Forces. We believe in recognising the contribution and value that serving personnel, of both regular and reservist nature, veterans and military families offer to our country and business.
This agreement represents an enduring covenant between the United Kingdom, population, Her Majesty’s Government and the people who have served in the Armed Forces of the Crown and the families of these serving forces.
The initial duty of the Government is to provide a level of defence of our realm and the Armed Forces carry out this responsibility on the Government’s behalf. In doing so, our Armed Forces sacrifice a number of their civilian freedoms; face danger and can find themselves facing serious injury and even death in their undertaking of this duty. The families of Armed Forces also undertake a key role in providing support to the duties carried out by the Armed Forces. With this in mind, the entire nation has an obligation to members of the Army, Naval Service and the Royal Air Force, and to these members’ families. Those undertaking these actions are deserving of our support, respect and equality in treatment.
People who serve or who have served in the Armed Forces, be it regular or reserve, and their family members, should not be placed in a disadvantaged state in comparison to other citizens, particularly with respect to the offering of commercial and public services. In some cases, it may be that a special level of consideration is deemed appropriate, especially with respect to those who have been injured or the bereaved.
This is an obligation that can involve all of society, including:
- Voluntary Bodies
- Charitable Bodies
- Private Organisations
- Those involved with supporting the Armed Forces
In recognising the sacrifice and services offered by those who support the Armed Forces, a proper value of their contribution is created. In creating and adhering to this Covenant, the value of their contribution will be upheld.
Section 1: Principles of the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant
- We at ONE UK Ltd will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- People who serve or who have served in the Armed Forces, be it regular or reserve, and their family members, should not be placed in a disadvantaged state in comparison to other citizens
- In some cases, it may be that a special level of consideration is deemed appropriate, especially with respect to those who have been injured or the bereaved.
Section 2: Demonstrating our Commitment
2.1 ONE UK Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Being open and promoting the fact that we are an organisation that is Armed Forces friendly. We will do this by endorsing the Corporate Covenant, including the Corporate Covenant logo on our site, publications, vacancies and any platforms that we present and promote ourselves.
- Being active in supporting the employment of veterans of all ages
- Showcasing our commitment to the Corporate Covenant on our website
- Working to support the employment opportunities afforded to Service partners and spouses
- Working to provide a level of flexibility with respect to providing leave for all Service partners and spouses before, during and after the deployment of their partner
- Supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve forces through accommodating their training needs and supporting their deployment wherever we can
- Providing support to local cadets, either in nearby schools or in the local community, wherever we can
- Support, promote and participate in Armed Forces Day
- Provide a discount to any member of the Armed Forces Community
- Any other commitment and support that we can provide
2.2 We will publicise these commitments on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and encouraging feedback from the Service community and our customers so how we know we are doing.